Are Rorrim
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are Rorrim

Welcome to Are Rorrim the fictional world filled between fantasy and cyberpunk alike, a variation for everyone weather you like guns or sorcerors you will be bound to find something of interest :)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alpha Testing Races

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Azurelord
Admin
Azurelord

Location : Heaven's administrative office, condemning mortals to damnation

Alpha Testing Races Empty
PostSubject: Alpha Testing Races   Alpha Testing Races Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 6:08 am

Basically, same as the other alpha test's except this time for races
we need balance, and thus, balance shall be made Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://azuretemplar.rpgdynasty.com
Valthioz
Admin
Valthioz

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Testing Races   Alpha Testing Races Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 10:49 am

Perhaps make a few races unavailable to be a main character? For example the Klovis and the Forgebourne, since they have no special personality traits or anything, so perhaps using them as an asset to peoples RP and for npc usage?
Back to top Go down
Martinus

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Testing Races   Alpha Testing Races Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 12:45 pm

That'd seem like nothing but a limitation of potential creativity.
Back to top Go down
Valthioz
Admin
Valthioz

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Testing Races   Alpha Testing Races Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 1:33 pm

Hm, good point^^
Back to top Go down
Azurelord
Admin
Azurelord

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Testing Races   Alpha Testing Races Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 2:24 pm

Im possibly speculating half-breed restrictions such as Aesir halfbreeds being a no go, given that some racials are so imba that added with others they'd be immortal
Back to top Go down
Valthioz
Admin
Valthioz

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Testing Races   Alpha Testing Races Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 2:26 pm

Would be a good idea^^
Back to top Go down
Martinus

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Testing Races   Alpha Testing Races Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 5:45 pm

Well, what about 'cyborgs'? It would be immensely complicated to create one, so I guess if someone would want to play one, it'd have some serious drawbacks.

I'm a fanatic supporter of as much character-creation freedom as possible. I don't think ''balance'' would outweigh the fun of total freedom when creating a cool character. If someone crosses a general line, it could be handled case-wise, not just by limiting every option. Suppose someone has a truly awesome idea that wouldn't spoil the fun for others? Why prohibit the use of such a fun display of creativity?
Back to top Go down
Valthioz
Admin
Valthioz

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Testing Races   Alpha Testing Races Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 11:57 pm

Again, good point. I withdraw my suggestion^^
Back to top Go down
Azurelord
Admin
Azurelord

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Testing Races   Alpha Testing Races Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 1:31 am

Its true that freedom allows interest of creation, But, ultimatley the problem lays with total freedom.

While you have a decent point your point has got a rather huge loophole in it. Firstly, how do we judge how people are overstepping the line if there is no line to be stepped over, total freedom would allow them to bypass anything that you threw at em.
Secondly, Total freedom leaves a huge opertunity for every loophole possible to be exploited for the benefit of one player, while it "could" work, there "must" be restraints of some kind to prevent people from doing either of these two, that is why races, classes, and tier's of armour and weapons are impliamented to prevent everyone mary sue'ing.

I understand it would probably be awesum to have no restrictions and go all out wild, but do you or I for that matter really want to see everyone rolling a dragonball Z wannabie on the forums?

For this reason, Total freedom is "out of the debate" compleatly, I will allow freedom, but total freedom is a compleate no go, im sorry but thats just how it is.

I dont wish to be firm on this but im pretty sure you can understand why I dont like the concept of total freedom. You certainly wont be compleatly restrained, simply limited to certain things, which im pretty sure given divercity and multiple character creation you could literally make an alt to get weapons for example that your current class or race cannot wield.

To be subtle, its the very reason that people come up with these awesumly overpowered ideas that I really dont tolerate them, if everyone did it, no one would be beatable, there HAS to be a limit to that and that is a Final statement. I hope you can tolerate and respect what has been given as much as others will tolerate how much they will receive from you as both an individual and as a whole.

Still, as the forum is developing, perhaps with time we can arrange exceptional reasons or if popular vote on a certain idea goes well, ajust it to fit the masses rather than the individual, but in the end this isnt just about one persons opinion, even though I say that I wont have this happen that is only if everyone else is willing to agree, however, if people feel the need for total freedom that is fine, although I really wouldnt like the idea in the slightest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Testing Races   Alpha Testing Races Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alpha Testing Races
Page 1 of 1